Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Observations

I spent Christmas Eve Day
tearing apart my studio,
sorting,
cleaning,
releasing,
At the end of the day, the room was clean and organized. I had even rehung much of the art on the walls including
this new addition:
I have promised myself for years,
to paint the amaryllis
that sits on my kitchen counter. a new color every year. This year, My favorite: a blazing red.
It couldn't escape me this year.
However, when I tried to begin a second painting, I could barely find a surface
on which to rest my palette.
Frustration.
Then an odd rush of energy,
a sense of distinct purpose filled my heart.
I worked nonstop for hours.

Later,
much later,
I sat in meditation, listening to music
at a midnight service.
Christmas Eve.
And I pondered what had happened, what I had done
and felt
that long day of work.
I realized I had been preparing
for Christmas Eve,
which brings us the message of hope
and new beginnings.
I had thought I was being a bit unusual,
a cleaning Diva instead of
A Christmas celebrant.
But, Oh, I was so celebrating the coming
of Divine Hope.

And now Christmas has past,
the wining and dining,
cheering and sharing
and something a bit more contemplative has arrived in my very clean manger.
My latest inspiration is here.
Please scroll down to her twelve days of Christmas article for great practices during the post Christmas season.

A Peaceful New Year to all.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

so much beauty here! and a bright heart singing out for joy of seeing and creating.
you always fill me!