Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tranquility

This would be my goal for this week-end. Of course, I am already heavily scheduled with a wedding in my husband's family, but I plan on mini-retreating as much as possible in my studio or perhaps at my favorite lake.

I would like this blog to share my art creations and paintings, maybe a few insights and no doubt, plenty of whimsy. Please be patient with me while I figure out how to upload photos of those projects.

Hmm, would you like to know more about me ?

Oh, I am a Diva. You can ask anyone. I won my first art competition when I was nine.....entered it without telling my parents and put my Mother into shock when they called to tell her about her little artist daughter. The prize was an illustrated dictionary and a gift certificate for an art supply store. I remember I bought plenty of paint and paper as I was never sure about the flow of those kinds of things.

I practice Belly Dancing while the microwave warms my dinner. My dogs love that. They are Shadow and Covey. covey eats paper like some folks drink wine..a properly prepared piece of Arches 300 Lb. is caviar to this guy. He is NOT allowed in my studio. Shadow is...well..my shadow. she finds a comfy place to curl up while I scribble away.

I am a Dawn Treader. I jump out of bed at 5:00 am and either paint or run or walk. I love watching the morning light change as wander around. I have much more energy at this time than I do in the evenings. The brightening sky amazes me. Maybe because I lived out West for so many years and Dawn came very quickly there. Here it is slow and colorful. this morning the colors of the sky were amazing. Just like the painted clouds in Caeser's Forum shops. Ooops. I just gave away one of my more Western abodes. I lived on a plateau in the middle of the New Mexican desert, too and for awhile on the gulf coast of Texas. I grew up on the Jersey Shore and even wear a T-shirt from newark airport the claims my heritage as a "Jersey Girl".

Are you still with me? I moved to SL four years ago, started another business and just now kind of picked up my head and said "OOps, I must have landed"

So now we should go from here........I'll show you my work, my projects and share a few dreams as divas tend to.

No comments: