Saturday, March 20, 2010

Orchid Moon


Sometimes a painting just happens..in what seems like minutes. My dear husband gifted me with this orchid at the MOBOT Orchid show. It was a strange one...as they all are..not flamboyantly colored, a conservative green and white, a mere bud when it came to set up life on my kitchen counter. What enchanted me was that cup like arrangement in front, very shiny pale green, begging for a bit of white wine to celebrate Spring with...just a bit of a sip... Then there was a magnificent full moon and they slipped together into a painting.

I love it when that happens. It's like something has asked to become a painting. It's all finished, the colors, the composition, even the drawing slipped out of my pencil like a wish. I've been doing all of these portraits recently and the orchid wanted hers done, also. I need to speak to more flowers and ask if they would like their portraits done as it was such a nice change. I am sure springtime will introduce me to a few plant divas willing to pose for me. I'll be posting this one in my Etsy in the near future if you would like her to come to your house.

For those of you reading in the St. Louis area, I have scheduled art classes at the St. Louis Artists Guild on Clayton road and Masterpeace Yoga Studio in the Crestwood Mall beginning in May and June. both of those organizations are printing up their schedules now and should Be available within the next week or two. I am very excited about working at both venues as they will be very different sorts of classes. I would love to have you come and join me !

Spring is coming to my sweet home. There are daffodils blooming sunshine out at Queenie park and frogs singing their love songs out at Creve Coeur Lake. I am suddenly craving salads and fresh fruit because I want to just eat up all the colors and greens. I am very blessed with large windows in front of my desk here and I am seeing the buds on the trees and hearing more birds everyday. Like everyone else, I am so ready for spring. I want to sing and dance with the rest of the planet, but for now, I'll dance with my brushes and paint.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janny said...

Wonderful! Love your paintings;o)

Shel said...

Love your Orchid Moon painting. Check out my blog to see a beaded tree in bud with crystal birds chirping

www.lv-beader.blogspot.com

Shel