Friday, January 6, 2012

Inspirations 2011

Wisdom speaks in ink
and paper whispers stories.
Hearts can meet in books.

Haiku My Heart is dedicated
this week to three books
that have spoken to my heart,
opened my mind
to possibilities that I had not known
were waiting there.

"Standing at the Water's Edge" by Anne Paris
is dedicated to helping creative folk past their
blocks and heartaches.
Anne is a PhD
and has focused a good part of her life
on learning how to help us open
to the great spirit driven creativity
that lives like a flickering candle flame within us all,
then instructs us how to take that tiny candle flame into a full burning light
that can be found whenever
we need to.
I highly recommend her book.


Next is
"The Artist's Path"
also a PhD
who has created a similar work, but with more
spiritual a focus,
giving us twelve chapters of lectio divinia,
inspirational stories
and spiritual openings for our creative soul.
Christine is part of a Benedictine community,
living out in the world,
and sharing her God given inspirations in
a way that enchants and opens.

Last is "Alla Prima"

who is not a PhD, but is a master painter,
who has taken the time
to share a lifetime of painting wisdom.
Hands on, this book is.
I am inspired not only by his words of wisdom, but by his wonderful
brushwork and simple colors.

These three have been my inspirational
reading for 2011
and are providing a path for me
into 2012. I hope you find them as
wonderful as I do.

for more Haiku My Heart,
Join the equaling inspiring Rebecca
at
Rebecca is also a giver of heart wings
and spirit flights.
don't miss her or the other members of
 Haiku my heart.

9 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Your haiku leaves me breathless. I know those meeting places...

Lovely, simply lovely!

Ten Thousand Rooftops

carol l mckenna said...

Wonder filled haiku ~ Lovely painting ~~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor)

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the good suggestions...I am always looking for a path to inspiration :)

x..x

Spadoman said...

Ms. Diva.. No matter where it comes from, you've had it all along. The gentle push you got fromm the books is what you already knew. I'm sure of it. I like the haiku and happy for you that you feel the motivation and inspiration. You've also passed this along to others, a great gift. Thanks for sharing.

Peace

Meri said...

Books can be such friends, linking you by their words to the soul of the writer. Looks as if you've found good ones that speak to your heart.

Priti Lisa said...

You really spoke to this bookworm...love it!
♥♥♥

A Bit of the Blarney said...

.Lovely sentiments! Wishing you a grand weekend! Cathy

rebecca said...

kathleen,
how lovely to have you back with us! thank you for sharing these wondrous books.i am reflecting on the power of sharing. the desire to offer what has significance in our own lives to others. i love your generosity,

and your haiku!

Marit said...

I love your haiku! It really speaks to me.. happy New Year and happy reading/creating!