Friday, March 13, 2009

Bring it on !!!!!

Ok, break out the bunnies. Clean up the the vases. Let's get some flowers going here. I am ready for Springtime! OK, so it's only 26 degrees out this morning. I DON'T CARE. Pack up all the gray and black and get out the yellows and oranges and reds. I AM READY.
Oh, let's play tag in the daisies. Oh, I know they aren't up yet, but we can pretend. Let's just take off our shoes, let loose our hair and start running around a bit. We'll get some roses in our cheeks. That will be a start. OK, I understand that you are all stiff and slow from all that cold and chill. How about if we just break out our crayons and paints and play awhile. The first part of this week I had a three day migraine. That would be a record. It went away, but then so did my car's temperature guage. Ooops! Ah well, but the sun IS shining. I DO have paint. I was rescued by handsome Lochinvar who may have been more interested in showing off to some other folks, but in the end he did rescue me and lent me his white horse...OK it's a ten year old Mazda, but works and got me here today.
A parade wouldn't be a bad idea. Next week-end I am running away to a retreat with the women from my church. That may sound a bit mundane to mosy of you, but you don't know the women from my church. Their little town appears to be out of a children's tale, all picket fences and pots of flowers, even a train that runs through the center of town and stops and a tiny stone train station, but these ladies are wild ones, wild ones, I tell you. They dance by the light of the moon, the moon. they dance by the light of the moon. Their great great grandmothers must have escaped from old Salem before the toasting started and they set up housekeeping on the shores of these dancing rivers, a place of confluence,a place of meeting. A place where just about anything can happen and it does.

I am making stuffed strawberries to take along with prepared canvases to begin there soul portraits. Tonight am making drunken salmon to celebrate dear Saint Patrick.

Have a Green One.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paint Diva:

It's so nice to see the cheery photos and notes.

Stuffed Strawberries sound good...what are you stuffing them with?

Shell aka LV Beader