Thursday, February 18, 2010

new work in Etsy !

This piece didn't show up on my last posting..sigh..and I tried to download it again into that posting but my techie skills are still a bit lacking. If you go to the website for the magazine, "Cloth, Paper, Scissors" this one is in their gallery of artists.They had posted a challenge for creations based in your New year's resolution so this is it...Begin and begin again. I decided to place her for sale as I believe she is a great inspiration piece. The face and body are in oil stick so the look is very soft. The rest is acrylics and collage. I enjoyed doing a bit of lettering as well, after years of calligraphy classes, at least I have an understanding of letterforms better than I did a few years ago. I never quite fell in love with the detailing in calligraphy and much preferred the master calligraphers who free wheeled it a bit like Laurie Doctor. I have fantasies of doing her class in Greece this Fall. You never know...I am putting it out to the Universe and watching for what stars may fall into my lap....
I almost didn't want to place this lovely angel of Patience up for sale,but she seems to want to go out into the world. Someone is waiting for her ....I know it down deep. she has an iridescence about her I really like. she is worked in water based inks..usually used in stamper's ink pads, and white acrylic paint. The color is very intense in the inks which is at once a challenge and a wonder.

We are still deep in snow here, though it is sunny today and there seems to be a melt going on. My car is trapped at the shop getting fixed up after a hungry, cold mouse made its home amongst the wiring in the dashboard. I may have to build a mouse house and fill it with mousey buffet items so it will leave my car alone. This is the second time I've needed to serve an eviction notice to the critter. I wish my faithful furry companion was a mouser, but Demi is much better at birding than mousing. She and I have been running around the snowy trails behind our house, both of us trying to outrun a mild case of cabin fever. she is very quiet about wanting to go out..just silently coming up behind me as I work a sticking her fuzzy nose against my hand...time to go outside,Mom, for a fun run....please. So I suit up and away we go. She heels very nicely when we are walking on the street or sidewalk but she is off and running once we hit the trails. That pup can actually pull me up a hill.

I am deep in my Leonardo Da Vinci book and just loving it. I think I would have loved both Leo and Michelangelo. they must have been such creative spirits, always curious and trying new things and thoughts. No fear of stepping outside the box with those two. They are an inspiration to just be yourself...do what you love and enjoy the life you have.

Let me know what you think of the new additions at the Etsy.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kateri said...

Oh Kathleen these are just lovely. Both of them! The angel looks like you used paintstiks, too...soooo soft and glowy for acrylic! You have a wonderful touch.

And you have me so curious about the Leonardo book!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work and words.

kateri said...

p.s. I desperatley need a really good read...some fiction that just takes me away. If you have any suggestions...