Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spring Fever

Oh, have you yet begun to daydream about warmer days and bright flowers ? Are there doodles of Easter eggs on your notepad ? How about a recently purchased short sleeved blouse that you would just freeze to death in right now? Sigh..... I am all of this right now. It seems to be the time of year for change...a craving for change, a vague impatience padded in a dreamlike wrapping. Oh, I am hoping the sun will shine on me all day today.
This lady has gone traveling....off to warm and sunny California with three of her sister pieces to audition for a magazine article. I swallowed hard as I handed the box over to the kind lady at the post office. I usually send out books I've sold on Amazon....uninsured, media rate. Oh, not for this package. I would have preferred to fly out there with it in my lap all the way, but that couldn't happen. So with tons of insurance, return receipt requested, overnight me please...wow..I could have had a sushi lunch on what all that cost ! Now the really rough part is waiting for a reply. I am so bad at that...like a teen ager waiting for an invitation to a prom, I will be checking the mailbox, the inbox and any other box that gets in my way on an hourly basis....and, it could be a month before I hear anything and months before anything happens..oh but when it does there will be dancing in the moonlight. Oh yeah !

This will be a busy week. I have company coming.....beloved nephews and brother for just a day or so, but we will pack in the fun. I am baking a triple chocolate cake and a quail pot pie. Dear One and our Demi have bagged us a good collection and the freezer is full, so there will be bacon wrapped quail, Quail pot pie and probably fried quail and potatoes for breakfast. these guys are going to be so happy to get back on the road and stop at a Denny's !!!!! We will be off to the Orchid show and hunting in antique malls and maybe a little shooting on the side. Now you are asking can an Artist really enjoy hunting........if there is something good for the dinner table..yep, I am suited up and hiking with my Berretta with the rest of them. That's what happens when you like hanging out with the guys and painting.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bill said...

Hey Sis, we had a great time, and you know it...We love you and I can't wait to come back out again..your brother

Bill