Monday, May 10, 2010

Promising


I am having way too much fun with these lovelies. Someone asked me how old the antique accounting letters are that I am using for the "table top". I was very surprised to discover they are exactly 100 years older than I am !!!!! They had been a gift from a dear friend many years ago when I was doing more visual journaling. She thought I could use them in some way, but I tucked them away to keep them safe, always knowing they were there, but nothing ever seemed to be a good match. These pretties seem to be perfect and on this one the postage shows up quite nicely as does the cancellation stamp. The notes themselves are a very soft blue and give a sky floating dreamy quality to the rest of the color.

Two little quail eggs seem to have found their safety in this lovely bone china cup, with a bit of ribbon tucked in for sweetness. Momma birdie must have an artistic eye. Again, this is worked in acrylics over gold gesso on a cradled art board. I had so much fun doing those yellow roses.

I have the third and last cup on my worktable, ready to pose for sketches. However I must admit more may be coming. I had a bit of a challenge deciding which would be the last and may have to just go out and get a fourth board. I was sure, until I had to actually choose, that I was going to do a lovely pink and gold cup I had noticed last time, but then a very lovely shaped cream colored cup with just a bit if floral decoration..but the shape ! It was enchanting me.I could very clearly see some hibiscus tea in a lovely shade of pink filling that wonderful graceful curve of cup!! Then I noticed another pink cup. Oh dear ! decisions ! Well, two cups made their way up into the studio and I am not sure what will be what.

On top of that , we traipsed off to the Laumieir Mothers Day Art Show yesterday and what an art show it is! Hardly any boring things, every booth was another wonder. I was so inspired and then what should I see, but the work of an artist I knew from New Mexico. I recognized the work, but she wasn't there at the show. a friend was in charge of her things, but I noticed that she was using colored gessos also ! Red !! Blue!!! I was just about dancing with excitement. I could barely wait to get home to check out where I could get these other colors ! So there may some more wonderments in the very near future, though I do love the gold glow and working over that.

Mothers Day brought a dozen lovely tulips from my faraway son and a cute card from ...my Demi dog ! There were bratwursts and candied nuts at the Art Show and some sweet Missouri wine to go with the sunshine. It was nice to have a day off from domestic duties. I just put in a salad garden in our backyard and I needed a bit of a rest. Springtime here draws me out into our yard and I keep seeing trees that need pruning, so I grab the shears and play with my giant bonsai in the backyard. They all seem to be well hacked so I have set my sights on the front yard. I am sure I will be amusing my neighbors over the next few weeks.

The teacup is being posted in my Etsy shop !
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandra Foster said...

Love these teacups. Also just want to say that your blog banner is great too!