Friday, October 14, 2011

Haiku my Heart Friday!

Dark Gothic tracery,
branches frame the golden round.
A sky mandala

The full moon has been so beautiful this month.
Red ringed, golden glowing,
beauty to make my heart skip a beat.

I often sit in my backyard,
with only a small candle to light my way.

My sketchbook lies in my lap as I draw and write by candlelight.
Inspiration fills my pages,
and my heart with gratitude.

Autumn Mandala will be up in my Etsy shop shortly.

Please join Rebecca at Recuerdo mi corazon for more Haiku.

4 comments:

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Lovely Haiku and idea. Drawing by moonlight. Excellent.


Melanie

rebecca said...

dear kathleen,

it is so peaceful to picture you beneath the large generous moon, ruminating, drawing, dreaming.

i love your haiku and your full moon painting. i feel twice blessed to have been beside you.

Hazel said...

Autumn mandala - that's just magical! I love Gothic tales too. And I love your header image; my kind of picture.

Unknown said...

I love the site in my mind of you sitting by candle light in the light of the full moon with your sketchpad.
x.x.