Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rest a spell

Oh it is cold outside, come on in and have something warm to sip on. I've made some fresh coconut cupcakes to go with it ! I missed my usual coffee with Sacred Space friends..sigh..but business called..and a girl has to make her paint diva pennies. So let's just take a break right now as all that needed to be done has been done, parayers have been sent heavenward and a sigh has been let out. I need a little pick me up so I cna get in some painting tonight. I need to fix up a little sketch I did yesterday. For some reason everything is turning green, which wouldn't be bad except I am doing a lot of little portraits and these poor ladies are looking a bit ill. Also, I have more cupcake paintings waiting to be finished......
And I have such lovely models. I want to immortalize them in paint instead of on my hips, where they tend to go under regular circumstances. If I can just get them onto the prepared canvases and then up on the kitchen walls, I can enjoy them with caloric impunity. HA ! I can also enjoy them while sipping my coffee and dreaming up another batch to stuff my dear husband with..and he's wondering why the bottom three buttons on his shirts keep popping open. Poor guy......
So while we sip and munch or paint or whatever we can enjoy my little tableau. these are actually from Christmas. My son sent the beautiful floral arrangement. I love it that the vase looks like a gingerbread house...more vicarious food !!!! The flowers lasted well into the New Year with different blooms opening up as time progressed..very cool. The little green ornament is a "Christmas Hug" from Dear Genie and has wonderful writing on the INSIDE, which I love and the little blue lady is actually a rattle that chasses sadness when shaken..it works..the more you shake the more you smile and that was a lovely gift from Cathy P. I had a few bumps around the holidays..sadness involving family members. New Jersey just is NOT a healthy place to live. Everyone there seems to be dealing with these HUGE issues. I am not talking about skinned knees here. Anyway, these dear ladoes gifted me with things to make me smile. There does always seem to be a silver lining in any cloud. Even very dark ones. sometimes its only a glint or two, but it is always there if you look carefully enough....and often that glint is glow of dear hearts.

Have another cupcake and something warm to sip......
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dayajyotikaur said...

Dear Friend of my Sister Diane ~

mmmm tea and cakes and Christmas cheer - remembrances of loved ones with us always.