Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sweet Dreams are made of THIS

Oh yeah, I am still sublimating paint for food. Pretty cupcakes, pistachio icing, sugar roses and a hint of almoond in the cake. Oh yum. they never crossed my lips or my hips, people. I have now managed to discard 10% of my body weight. There is a huge grease slick somewhere out at the lake and a growing stack of paintings with sugar as a subject. SIGH.
Actually, I have to admit I am having fun with all of this. DH bought me teeny tiny jeans for a Christmas gift and I am so enjoying wearing them. I really do like the way I feel right now. I may howl a blue streak, but I feel healthy, just a little involved, shall we say, with certain subject matter. I did indulge in a huge chunk of my favorite cherry pie one night of Hanukkah celebrating. I was miserable all nnight long with a tummy ache. Ah well, that will teach me a thing or two. I made a WW apple crisp last night and that went down a lot better. Fruit is really my new dessert.

So the newest art project really is a series of cupcake paintings. I finished one, hated it and gesoed it over so I can start again. while that is drying, I am playing in a small moleskine doing collages and teeny paintings..not watercolors...acrylics..kind of different for me. I am playing more with figures and faces, compositions that are a little different. it's a laboratory..a tiny Laboratory.

Well, back to work, which is kind of busy. there are some things I have going and for some reason I have a cup full of optimism that is carrying me through. Like the page says: WOO HOO !!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: