Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Show offs

He had planted only trees on the property. He really didn't know much about flowering plants or shrubs, so just trees...but what trees !!!! All spring there is a show of colors that are just lovely. It moves around the yard ending with this huge spun sugar drift of wonder that creates a pagoda of flowers I live under as much as I possibly can. Jusy look at these beauties against our silvery old fence.
Yep, that is a little nest home tucked up in the branches. How would you like to wake up in that nursery every morning ? It's a robin, by the way. There is a cardinal that lives next door who would be a bit more colorful, but I think he prefers to be in contrast to the softer greens rather than battle the pinks for visual supremacy.
In another week or so I'll move my lawn chairs and tables out under this pink lady. It's the best place in the yard. I've hung wind chimes in the tree as a memorial to my dear little Shadow. I think I'll invest in a hammock this year and invite some friends over for lemonade (spiked viciously with Jack Daniels) and cookies....try to be a nice little Midwest gal...Ok, I won't last long at that with the JD running free, I can always put some good music on the CD player, kick off my shoes and dance in the blossoms under the moonlight. Me and JD.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: