Thursday, September 29, 2011

A bit more Scotland

I know I promised a story about Margaret and I will get to that.
It has been a head cold, stay in bed kind of week for me.
But I wanted to touch base and let you know I was here.
This was the beginning of my adventure: this staircase
in a castle in Glasgow.
My romantic heart could barely stand it that,
after all those Victorian novels,
I had finally landed on one of these staircases.
Of course, I also wound up in Medieval churches, another long term dream of mine.
In my heart of hearts,
architecture is just another form of art.
Who knew heavy stones could be made to look like fine lace?
OK, I had seen photos myself,
but standing there before these buildings
was an experience of a lifetime.
In the meantime, I am growing a tutorial of sorts for you to see how I create my newest projects,
and
there is another article in the planning stages.
The last chance to see the work of my journaling students
is this week end at Union Avenue Christian church.
We are having a closing party on Sunday afternoon beginning at noon
if you would like to drop by for tea and scones.

My classes at the St. Louis Artists Guild are starting again on October 8 from 10:00 to noonish on Saturdays. This a beginners class.
We also have a slightly more advanced class on Mondays from 10:00 to noonish.
My beginning acrylic painting classes
are now twice on Tuesdays; in the afternoons,
from 2:30 to4:30
and in the evenings from 6:30 to 8:30.
We finish a complete painting in just two hours!

You can always email me for more information on classes.
Watch my Etsy for new additions in the next week or so!

2 comments:

A Magical Whimsy said...

Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog!
And I am in awe of the photos you are posting of Glasgow...my heart is racing~ The staircase in the castle is glorious!
And the stones of the spires that look like lace are marvelous!
Please feel better soon~
Teresa in Central CA

Spadoman said...

I certainly should stop by here more often. You are definitely a very talented interesting human being. I usually get over now and then for some Haiku My Heart meme action, but lately I have been remiss. I apologize deeply!
Scotland. What a great trip! The photos are wonderful. I also love the archetecture and wonder how that was done with rudimentery tools, without computer aided graphics. Such detail, like you say, lace in stone.
I'll be back, if for no other reason, but to look at the pretty girl on the staircase in the castle fulfillingn her dream.

Peace