Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's all about the Glow.

Bright Red and gold glow
with light given and received.
A spiraling gift.

A late haiku.
My life is aswirl with hanging art exhibits, writing articles
and teaching the most amazing students ever.
I am so blessed to have all of these
wonders in my life.
This morning I began considering what to pack for Scotland.
It is not exactly
a bathing suit destination.
The temperature seems to hold steady between 55 and 65 degrees.
Much cooler than the 101 I saw on the bank sign
when I went out to lunch.
It is difficult to even imagine.
Sweaters look silly.
Cashmere...really ????
Oh, but it is so warm....though I am
at this moment
melting.
The painting is acrylics on gold gesso'd paper.
I actually did the sketch years ago.
Discovered in a forgotten corner,
I resolved to finish it in 30 minutes.
so I set out my colors, grabbed some brushes and clipped the drawing to my easel.
It was a most satisfying 30 minutes.
The glow in my heart was there on the easel.
My smile is still glowing.
Please join Rebecca and the other Haiku artists
and share the glow.

4 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You give light to the canvas and it gives it back to you? I could see that happening...

No Windmill Here!

Marit said...

Yep, cashmire and a thick coat will definitely be needed... I love your bright artpiece and the matching haiku! Yes, life can be hectic at times (I'm in a same kind of state lately...) Hope it will settle down a bit for you too, enjoy your Sunday!

gma said...

This is really pretty Paintdiva.
Take a rain hat. I needed one in Ireland.Have a fabulous time!

rebecca said...

thank you for your heart warming visit.
xoxoxoxoxxo