Thursday, September 8, 2011

Counting down to Scotland.........

Whew!
Things are moving along here in Middle Earth.
Today was for a quick stop at Wally World to get some travel supplies
like chocolate granola bars
and some homeopathic sleepy time pills.
I'll be leaving Middle Earth early Monday morning to arrive in the
city of brotherly love late afternoon
and jump on the transatlantic flight to what is essentially
our motherland!
Glasgow waits!
In the meantime, there are painting demonstrations at Michaels
on Saturday with 50% off
on all classes signed up for.
(was that sentence ?)
And
an anniversary
And a house to clean a bit before disappearing into a castle.
No fairies to clean up on this end, but
who knows what waits in Sherbrooke Castle?
So for now,
bills to pay,
classes to prepare for,
schedules to create.
Life, 
a life that I love and cherish.
One that will be expanded just a bit
by the spirit of a long ago immigrant,
Margaret Barnes.
I like to think she is smiling about all this fuss.
I may not have Internet access in bonnie Scotland.
I may not WANT it.
But I will be thinking of all the dear hearts I sing to here in blog land.
Be well until I return,
well stuffed with oatmeal and shortbread!

8 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

have a wonderful trip!!

Sharon P. said...

I second Janet's wish. Hope you have an awesome trip.......

A Magical Whimsy said...

Kathleen,
You are so lucky to be going to Scotland. I am Scots-Irish and I tell ya, ever since I was a wee bonny lass I have wanted to visit Scotland. It is in my bones.
Have a very lovely time, dear. Ah, Glasgow...now I am going to have to Google Earth it and take a virtual tour. I toured Edinburgh a few weeks ago online and found one of J.K. Rowlings homes. She has three in Scotland.
May the road rise up to greet you as you journey, and try not to see many ghosts~
I am a frequent visitor to Vanessa'a blog at 'A Fanciful Twist', that is where I found your link.
Teresa in California

Marit said...

I wish you a safe trip and a wonderful time in Scotland! I'll 'see' you when you get back. Enjoy, enjoy!

Unknown said...

Have a WONDERFUL trip!! We'll all look forward to hearing all about it!

x..x

Pinecone Stew said...

BEAUTIFUL !

Deb Finkel said...

Have a great trip-- Scotland is so beautiful and the people so friendly.

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hi, Kathleen
I know you are in Scotland and are probably having the time of your life!
Thank you for stopping by to follow my blog.
Smiles~
Teresa in California