Friday, June 17, 2011

Haiku my Heart Friday



Forever Forgiven
Golden pools, eternal love,
her eyes are my grace.

My dogs are always my saving grace. No matter what I do they are content with me, happy, ecstatic in my attention.
This one dances a happy dance when I come home,
telling me of her joy in my return
and her wish to take a walk with me.


She and he are my tiny family.
Content are we in our homey grace.

This day I am thankful for all family and friends,
Most especially for my son,
who has traveled by plane and train to be with me
on my birthday.

this evening we will throw open the doors of our home and hearts,
and greet dear ones for sweet things
to eat and share.

My heart is full this Haiku Friday.
Please visit the rest of this heart opening group at Recuerda Mi Corazon

9 comments:

rebecca said...

happiest of birthdays kathleen! your post is tender and dear.
a collection of true and loyal hearts.

thanks for taking us inside the circle of your love!

Marit said...

What a happy post! It pours through the photos, the haiku, your words... have a happy, happy birthday!

deb did it said...

Happy Birthday....and funny line about "golden pools"

Snap said...

Many Happy Birthday Wishes to You. Just look at that gorgeous face and those eyes. Happy, happy!

Spadoman said...

Very touching I'm glad I stopped by. Hope you have a fantastic birthday today, and enjoy every day of the rest of your life as well.
As far as that haiku, the golden pools you need to forgive that canine for might not be those eyes. How could you not forgive that dog for anything it might do?

Peace

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Your gratitude in today's post has moved me. I'm a dog person, too, but have no fine looking man like you have. Enjoy your time with your son.

Meri said...

Kathleen, happy happy birthday. We all should be so adored and seen through loving eyes. How wonderful it is that your son made the journey to celebrate with you.

Bill said...

Thomas made it....way cool...happy birthday sis...love ya.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday wishes...so wonderful that your son was able to join you and your beautiful little family.