Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A little bit of the Classics



I've been a bit busy of late with all manner of wonders. My garden is going politely crazy each day presenting me with new delights: purple morning glories, creamy poppies and the prettiest little pansies you have ever seen! this is all edged about with a border of thyme so it is really sweet stuff to be out there propping and winding and watering these wonders.

I did a demo out at the Michaels in St. Charles and have two classes scheduled, they are snowballing with more and more students on daily basis. These are very basic acrylic classes for all those folks who jumped in feet first as far as painting goes, but would like to really master the medium and see what it can really do. The little still life above is one of my class samples, though today we will be painting a lush field of Texas bluebonnets!

I am wrapping up a year long (almost) Disciple study this week, planning a trip back East to visit my beloved brother and his heroic (really) family. this is a real treat and I am hopping up and down. he has just relocated to a mansion (well, I t looks like one) in Havre de Grace, Maryland. If any of you are nearby, please give a shout as I will be there for an entire week and will be hunting down artful adventures while I am in the neighborhood. suggestions are always welcome if you are familiar with Havre de Grace. I am flying into Philadelphia over the 4th of July holiday and beyond!

I will be packing paints and camera so I can promise some yummy Postcards from Paradise. I also have the handsomest of nephews and nieces so of few photos of their happy faces may appear in some form or another.

On top of all of that, I have a birthday sneaking up on me. Oh my! I have a philosophy about that sort of thing: as long as you eat enough birthday cake, the numbers don't matter...and I am hoping for chocolate wonder to indulge in.

Off to prepare for my classes and do a bit of painting for a new exhibit. More later......

3 comments:

rebecca said...

lovely post full of passion.
looking forward to your postcards from paradise.

love love love the idea of painting with you.
sigh...

Unknown said...

sounds like a busy summer...yet full of summer-like relaxing time.

x..x

Noelle Clearwater said...

I just wanted to say how beautiful this painting is. takes my breath away. Gorgeous!
Noelle