Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Music for the eyes and heart

Ever since I was a child, my reason for getting up every morning, for exploring this glorious world has been to see...to watch, to gaze, to glance..to open my eyes to the wonders around me. It feeds me, this looking. It leads me and inspires me. Beauty of every sort takes my breath away....and I seem to love to lose my breath in exactly this way. I am in passionately in love with music for the eyes and heart. The only thing that moves me more is my desire to share that love and passion with everyone I meet.
As much as I love beauty, it is the Dear Nature, the visible Hand of God, that most often breaks my heart wide open. These soft summer nights call me out of my home, after all the chores are done, after the kitchen gleams and all my dear hearts have been fed and loved into their own peace, I walk out my back door into the moonlit night. I leave my shoes at the door, needing to feel the grass and earth on my bare feet. this is a Sacred Space in my heart. The fireflies light my way playing a scale of soft flashing lights. I walk around my small backyard soaking up all the wonders that are not apparent in the daylight. My moon queen rises and laughs with me at the scent of night flowers.

When I finally go back into my home, I wonder why I don't do this more often..then I remember, the moon queen only visits but once a month and she is already disappearing.

In the day world, I am off to teach my painting class at Michael's today. It is a small class, but growing. there is much laughter and enjoyment as they explore the joy of seeing and creating. I feel more like a trail guide than a teacher.

Today they will paint this:


My two favorite foods. I think I will buy a  few artichokes and garlic heads so the room will smell like these inspiring shapes and colors and our sense can swirl along with the paint. If you are in St. Louis, we meet at the St. Charles Michaels at 2:30. You are welcome.

No comments: