Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Catching Up

Ah, just a moment to sit down and catch up with you.
I've been madly organizing, painting, teaching,
all manner of fun stuff.
I am still glowing with the after effects
of the wonderful Somerset article in their "Art Journaling" issue,
and
being included in the last issue of Somerset Studio.
It proves dreams do come true,
but they take some work, let me tell you!
I taught the Icon workshop again
and my students did amazing things.
I would sure like to teach that one at one of the sweet art retreats
and that may be the next dream to dream.

My classes at the St. Louis Artists' Guild are going great!
We just finished an 8 week session for newbies,
though they were newbies to art journaling, they were pros at taking ideas and just running with them. We had beautiful work come out of that class.
We will be having an exhibit of their work and the work of my advanced classes at the Union Avenue Christian church here in St. Louis,
beginning September 5.
Many of my students will also be showing their off the page work at the Guild's next exhibit "Among Friends" which opens September 4,
with a reception from 1-3.
I will be in that one, too with this sweet little painting.
I love the colors in this one.
I want to jump on board and sail away.

In the midst of all this fun, I am teaching TWO classes for Grumbacher at the Michael's in St. Charles.
I have great students there, too.
I love teaching beginners that they
CAN!

Add to the mix my first sojourn across the big sea waters:
Scotland is waiting for me.
It's been waiting a long time,
ever since my grandmother, a Scottish immigrant told me
stories of Glasgow and Edinburgh.
I'll be off to Sherbrooke Castle and the Willow Tea room in just a few short weeks.
I promise
to share the magic.



3 comments:

Marit said...

Wow Katheleen, that's an awfully full schedule but it sounds exciting and fun! Yes, teaching is such a wonderful job, it always fills me with energy too! And to Schotland my dear? Ohmy, I have great memories of Edingburg... you will enjoy it!

Bill said...

My dear sister, we will have tea and breakfast at the Willow tea Room our first day in Scotland. I even printed out the menu...Can't wait.
Bill

rebecca said...

your post is brimming with joy, enthusiasm and accomplishments!

and then i read your brother's comment.
the love reflected in his words fills me with happiness for you both.
truly dreams are coming true!