Friday, August 19, 2011

Haiku My Heart at Figure Drawing


Charcoal flows across page,
smudging fingers blend the soft shades
and light becomes all.

Paint is my passion
but I know drawing is my center.
so this season, I have promised myself
a gift of time
to draw.
A weekly model,
costs shared with others so inclined.
A box of chalks and pencils,
a few sheets of paper.
I sit upon the drawing bench
and begin.
The world becomes a wonder of light and dark,
soft edges and firm lines.
Earth colors.
Eyes and hands overule all other concerns.
The heart wins.

Please join Rebecca and the Haiku group for more wonders
 and poetry from the heart.

5 comments:

Snap said...

Good for you! The heart should always win!

Unknown said...

yes, drawing is so essential. I would love to have access to a life drawing class.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Thank you for letting me come into your creative presence...

Margaret Pangert said...

Your haiku is so lovely in expressing the feeling of creating these beautiful drawings... Smudging the firm edges into soft lines, how light brightens a face... You have the gift of a teacher as well as the gift of an artist...

rebecca said...

it is always about the light.
following this...the heart always wins!

bravo on your drawing class. when charcoal in hand is directly connected to the "seeing" eyes...and both move in perfect synchronicity one is completely present. this is the sweet spot where all concerns fall by the way side, time stands still and hearts
open!