Saturday, May 21, 2011

Laughter in the Attic

More than once, I have been introduced to visitors at the St. Louis Artists Guild as the one in the attic where everyone is laughing. It's true. We are a noisy crew.
I am honored to be working with a phenomenal group of women every Monday morning. They light up my life. Their work is amazing and their spirits even more so. We hold class up in the attic of a wonderful old building in Clayton. The elevator doesn't even go up there, so they trudge up the stairs dragging bags of goodies and art supplies


Most of them have been with me for almost a year now and no one is getting bored!  Especially not me. We recycle old books, mostly from the library sale table.  In fact, we have an exhibit up right now at the Richmond Hieghts Memorial Library through June1.
It's a knock out exhibit. I just provide techniques and they take that information and fly with it.

Now we have added a Saturday Class, which will be for folks just starting on the Art Journal journey. Mondays will still be for more experienced Art Journalers. Anyone who has taken one of my classes is welcome to jump in on the Monday group. Those wondering what all the giggling in the attic is..can join in on Saturdays..we still meet in the attic. Leave a comment if you would like more information.

In the meantime...my Monday group absolutely ROCKS.

9 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

This sounds like lots of fun!!

Meri said...

It sounds like a perfect way to spend Monday mornings. . . though it usually is bad when someone says, "The elevator doesn't go all the way to the top." :)

Artsy Firefly said...

I'm wanting to see what's on the right hand page of the journal book now! The visible left side is intriguing!!

rebecca said...

i find beauty and goodness here.
come link to postcards from paradise, certainly art is a perfect paradise and there are so many waiting to meet you!

so glad you joined haiku my heart on fridays, postcards from paradise is our sunday gathering of visual beauty.i think you will find many kindred souls.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

I wish I was nearer to St. Louis when I see the classes you are conducting. Thanks for sharing.

rebecca said...

so glad you are here...and everyones heart paths are crossing!

Dawn Elliott said...

I would love to join in your Monday-laughing-in-the-attic class - what fun! How wonderful to have that support and weekly camaradrie.

As per your e-mail, you can find my blog on my website at AlterEgoMexicana.com. Thanks for visiting!

Dawn Elliott said...

I would love to join in your Monday-laughing-in-the-attic class - what fun! How wonderful to have that support and weekly camaradrie.

As per your e-mail, you can find my blog on my website at AlterEgoMexicana.com. Thanks for visiting!

deb did it said...

I used to meet with my local Monday art group.....a handful of us would sit, sip, stitch and always nurtured each other...how fantastic!